The abstract should be a summary of the whole paper, briefly outlining the background, methods, results and conclusions.
• Title – reflects the content of the abstract (Capitalise only the first word)
• Authors and affiliations (indicate the presenter with an underline and include the e-mail address)
Authors: Surname, Initials1., Surname, Initials2., Surname, Initials3 etc
Affiliations: Affiliation1, Affiliation2, Affiliation3 etc
• Background: Place the objective or question addressed in a broad context and highlight the purpose of the study. The objective should be stated in one clear sentence at the conclusion of the background paragraph
• Methods: Describe briefly the main methods used
• Results: Summarize the main findings
• Conclusion: Indicate the main conclusion
Theme: Authors are requested to indicate their preferred conference theme at the end of the abstract: Bio Sciences, Engineering and Information Technology.
Abstracts should be up to 500 words. Do not include references, tables, figures or photos in the abstract.
Abstracts submission deadlines:
• Abstract submission Start: 9 July 2018
• Abstract submission Closes:
31 August 2018 Extended to 10 October 2018
• Notification of Acceptance: 15 October 2018
ORAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Timing of each oral presentation (15minutes)
• 12-13 minutes presentation
• 2-3 minutes Q & A
Prior to the start of each session, you are expected to notify your session chair about your presence at least 20 minutes before the session begins. Requests to change time and order of presentation may not be possible.
Acceptable formats at the conference:
• MS Windows: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or newer
All oral session rooms will be equipped with the following Audio-visual equipment:
• Laptop (Windows-based)
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
|Paper Format||Width x Height (mm)||Width x Height (inch)|
|A0||841 x 1189 mm||33.1 x 46.8 in|
• Posters should be in portrait (vertical) orientation in A0 size
• Posters must be written in English
• Posters should be easily readable at a distance of 1.5 metre (5 feet)
• The presentation must cover the material indicated in the accepted abstract
• Audio/Visual equipment is not provided for poster sessions
Schedule of poster exhibition:
|22 November (Thu)||23 November (Fri)|
• Poster presenters are expected to set up their posters by 10:00 (am) on Day 1 (22 November Thursday) of the conference. They must be in attendance at their posters on the day and time of their poster presentation to interact with the participants. Hand-outs are allowed.
• There will be 3 minutes poster-presentation sessions for the best 10 student posters and the winners will be announced on 23 November.
• It is NOT acceptable to simply post a copy of your paper. Such papers will be marked as a “no-show” presentation.
• You are required to remove your own poster at the end of the conference. Please note that AKC2018 is not responsible for any materials that are left behind, lost, stolen or damaged.
All presenters must be registered to attend the conference.